The Anchor Boys are the youngest in the Boys’ Brigade. The section is for boys 5 1/2 to 8 years. We meet on Thursday evenings between 5.00pm – 6.15pm. The things we get up to include:
- Playing games, sports, craft, cooking, story telling, and much more.
- We have a “News Time” where we share our news with one another.
- Our annual outing this year was to Beach Park near Pangbourne. There were adventure playgrounds, paddling pool, train ride and lots of animals to see.
- Summer meetings are spent at local parks playing games. Treasure hunts, mini sports.
- There are various competitions we enter from time to time.
The Junior Section is for Boys aged 8-11 year olds.
The Junior Boys meet each week on Thursday evening from 6.15pm to 7.45pm. If you’d like to come and join in, please email us on email@example.com
Junior section provides an exciting programme of leisure time activities, craft, cooking, and sports such as football, unihoc, etc. We are also able to learn a brass instrument and can play in the Company Brass Band.
Seniors is for Boys aged 11-18 years old, and meets on Monday evenings between 7:15 and 9:45pm at Chandlers Ford Methodist Church. There are currently around 18 members of the Company Section.
What do we get up to each week? Our typical programme includes a huge variety of things:
- Sometimes we get to go Bowling, or do other “themed” activities.
- We do a range of physical activities including badminton, table-tennis, recreational games and more!
- Are you between 14 and 23 this year? If so, you could take part in the Duke of Edinburgh\’s Award scheme that we run.
- There are some Company Section Competitions in South West Hampshire. These include the Cross Country, and 6-a-side Football!
Chandlers Ford BB Brass Band is an enthusiastic and lively Brass Band based at Chandlers Ford Methodist Church.
Today’s Band includes members, not only from the Junior and Company sections,
but also associate members from the Church and local community.
Membership of the Chandler’s Ford BB Brass Band is open to all brass and percussion musicians.
Rehearsals take place as follows:
- Training Band – Friday, 6.00pm
- Main Band – Friday, 7.05pm
- Senior Band – One Sunday/month as published, 5:00pm